Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Let Me Finish This Row

30 July 2004
Completing a few lace projects must have gone to my head, because I convinced myself to purchase a pattern for an Orenburg Shawl that I saw in the display hall at the Estes Park Wool Festival. Well, I wanted to buy just the pattern and spin the yarn for it myself from some heavenly cashmere/silk roving that I purchased shortly before. But then I learned that you don't get the pattern without buying the yarn to go with it. There was some lovely cobweb lace wool which was very tempting, but I ended up buying one (one!!) skein of a cashmere/silk plied yarn. Yarn? It looks more like sewing thread. It looks like string that would be too feeble to tie anything together. And just about as stretchy.

Using my ball winder, I rewound the skein into two balls. I couldn't find any TP cardboard centers to use as the core, so I just cut some cardboard from the side of a Pepsi carton...put it around the ballwinder and wound the thread on top of that...just to help keep that tiny thread from tangling as it gets pulled up for knitting.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home