Friday, September 03, 2004

August and September Progress

I started the border edging, did one and a half pattern repeats (16 rows each) and then ripped it out because I had started the repeat at the wrong place on the chart. Things are cruising along quite well now. If the shawl never materializes, I will at least have some lovely lace edging!

13 August 2004Remembering EZ's comment that one could SURELY use lace-knitting as a take-along project while traveling, I brought my lace edging on the plane with me on my trip to Minnesota. Since I knew the pattern so well by that point, it was really no problem to work on it. And I had purchased a size 1 bamboo needle ..love it, much sharper points. My airplane time plus one afternoon alone and I had the edging finished. I SHOULD have taken a picture of it at that point, but I was so excited, that I just had to continue along and pick up the 200+ stitches along the edging for the start of the shawl itself. Oops....I should have purchased that bamboo needle in a longer size. Drat! Now I'm back to the slippery, blunter-tipped Addi Turbo, but the join is so much smoother when dragging 200 some stitches along it! Hmm...wonder if I should try sanding the points a little to get a sharper tip? Well, here are two pictures of my present progress:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home