Friday, September 03, 2004

August progress

As you see in the close-up, I have little thread markers for every pattern repeat. At first I tried regular markers, then yarn markers, but all were too big, so I went for thread, which was little-bitty to handle, but it works nicely.

The pattern is not that hard. My biggest trouble is getting the somewhat blunt Addi tips into the stitches without splitting them, or picking up in the purl bar below. That slows me down a little. And since I don't like to stop midway through a row, I don't pick it up unless I know I have time to spend.

But I LOVE how it feels, very soft and drapey. When I commented in my knitting group that I might get it finished by the time I was 90, someone commented that it would suit me at that age, implying that it was old-lady looking. Kinda hurt my feelings. I didn't think knitters thought in those stereotypes. O well. I love it, and it's a challenge to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home